Saturday, June 15, 2013

Business Lesson of the Day: social networking

image memburn.com

Formally signed up for Google+ yesterday, and am trying to figure it out.  It's like a take off of Facebook, with posts and likes and shares and the nebulous "circles".  Why does it feel like high school all over again? I'm not at all a fan of FB, but since I already use quite a few Google products (gmail, blogger, maps and, naturally, searches) I am less suspicious of Google+.  Now if only I can figure it out....

Having this same issue with Pinterest.  I like Pinterest a lot, with it's visual overload, but still find it a bit hard to get used to.  When would I find time to sift through millions of photos to Pin and Like?  Slowly, like everything else in small business, it's a long slow growth to mastery.

Now Twitter I get, and was a big fan and active Tweeter (Twitterer?) when it first started getting popular in 2009.  I've recently opened a twitter account for my business, but haven't really gotten my "personality" into it yet - just posts and reposts of Etsy Treasuries.  Boring for anyone who follows me. Hope that will evolve too someday.

What makes up your social networking tool bag?  Which ones do you like and not?

No comments:

Post a Comment