Friday, June 14, 2013

Blog Post Number One


If you're like me, you often stumble upon a blog whose latest post is like dropping in on a movie about 30 minutes in - mid-story, and you really don't know what is going on.  "Who what when where?" are these people talking about?  And if you're so motivated, like me, you reach deep into the archives to the very first post, to the beginning - no, not to read the whole story from the beginning, but just to get a sense of who this blog author is.  

So in this spirit, it's obvious the first post to this blog should be at least the who and what.  Being lazy (or efficient), I copied and pasted my About blurb from the Etsy store profile.  Here it is....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anemone Reads Vintage cookbooks, children's books, vintage paperback book. 

Your typical story of girl meets book, girls loves book, girl decides to share cool books with the world!

I opened a used book shop a few years ago, and have sold over 12,000 books to people all over the globe. Despite the fun and success of the shop, I was sad that so many vintage and older books got left behind. How thrilled I was to find a venue on Etsy where vintage books could have the spotlight, either as proper books themselves, or to be upcycled in innumerable crafty ways!

I've traveled many working paths, but throughout it all, books have always been the #1 love, and it seemed inevitable that my life would one day be thoroughly infused by books.

Thanks for being on this journey with me, and I hope that you find something in my shop that delights you as much as it does me!

We've just opened our second shop, Anemone Reads Paperie, for vintage book prints and other upcycled goodies salvaged from damaged books that were beyond repair. Check it out here: anemonereadspaperie.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment